Past is Now
In 2015 the partner region Ex-Yugoslavia (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Slovenia) was our guest at Fotodoks. Exhibitions and festival programme focused on the current state and the potential of yesterday in today, on shifting boundaries and the promise of Europe.
View the full agenda (PDF)
Looking Forward Looking Back
The documentary positions of the PAST IS NOW exhibition at the Münchner Stadtmuseum went on a search for traces and reflected upon cultural stereotypes and musical myths; they looked back on 25 years of German reunification and the 20 years since the Dayton-Peace-Agreement, which ended the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Moreover, the partner exhibitions 1%: Privilege in a Time of Global Inequality at Marienhof, Paul Lowe: The Siege of Sarajevo at IFOG Academy and Fiery Greetings at Lothringer13 Halle were presented.
The First Audience-Award
For the first time, the Tirol-Audience-Award, endowed with € 2,500, was offered in 2015. Visitors of the PAST IS NOW exhibition voted for Tanja Kernweiss and her work on the myth of Kurt Cobain. The ZEITmagazine-Photo-Prize was awarded to the photographer Merlin Nadj-Torma: Since 2011 she accompanied the live of refugees at the Serbian-Hungarian border and documented their daily routine between optimism and despair.
Thinking About Documentary Photography
In lectures and panel discussions at the MaximiliansForum illustrious visitors such as Eva Leitolf, Harald Hauswald, Maurice Weiss, Ana Adamović, Simon Menner, Irina Ruppert and the 11 Freunde-authors Dirk Gieselmann and Fabian Jonas spoke about the yesterday, today and tomorrow. A premiere were the workshops with the magazine Der Greif and the Serbian photographer's collective Belgrade Raw. Our long-time partners from DOK.fest showed the film ‚In the Shadow of War’.
Exhibiting Photographers 2015
- Land Without a Centre, 2012/2013
- Politika / Politics, 2014
- Memories, 2013/2014
- Untitled, 1980/90er
- Croatian Rhapsody, 2014/2015, ongoing project
- Study for an Applause, 2013
- Jebodrom, 2012-2014
- Echoland. Über das Ringen um Europa, 2014
- Self-portrait, 1961
Josip Broz Tito
- You and Me, 2014
Katja Stuke and Oliver Sieber
- Here is everything as 22 stars :-), 2011/2012
- Humboldt-Forum, Berlin, 26.01.2014 - 19.06.2015, ongoing project
- Socialist Modernism – Archaeology of a Time, 2005-2010
- Wishing Well, 2014, ongoing project
- Father, Son and the War, 2013-2015
- Rendered History, 2012, ongoing project
- Quest for Identity, 2010, ongoing project
- Vrijeme u scru Bosne / Time in the Heart of Bosnia, (video), 2014
Our Sponsors 2015
A big thank you to all our sponsors and supporters. Without your diverse support Fotodoks would not be possible.